Here’s something that really is neat: Maddy, at https://asoldasyoufeel.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/the-real-neat-blogger-award/ has nominated me for this award:
Maddy writes amazing blogs, AND she is a wonderful and supportive blogosphere friend and colleague. You’ll very much enjoy your visit to her blog: it’s REALLY neat! Thank you, Maddy!
There are rules, of course, for accepting this award and passing it on:
- Thank the nice person who nominated you, and include a link to his or her blog.
- Complete the task your nominator assigns. (Maddy has posed seven questions, below.)
- Nominate several bloggers—up to seven, if you like!–you put in the ‘real neat’ category. Give them a challenge to complete, and share these rules.
- Include the logo, above, in your acceptance post.
Here are Maddy’s thoughtful questions:
- What makes you smile?
When someone re-purposes something very cleverly, I am delighted. Recently I came across a piece about an old treadle sewing machine morphed into a laptop desk. Oh, the wonderful convergence of old tech and new tech! THAT made me smile!
- What is your best talent?
I am so thankful inherited the teaching gene; it’s given me a rich and heartening career.
- Who is a hero in your life?
My friend Kim navigates cancer, with grace, courage, and true valor—and selflessness. Now, after all treatments have been tried and abandoned, she is volunteering to teach fifth graders to write creatively.
- Dogs or cats?
We have always had dogs.
- Winter or summer?
Winter. (I’m originally from the Buffalo, New York, area.)
- Movies or theatre?
Movies are essential, and theater is a treat!
- Beach or pool?
Wimpy pool-person, me. (Also red-haired and easily burnt, so lazing on the beach always means trouble!)
There are SO many blogs that, like Maddy’s, are REALLY neat. Here are just a few I know you’ll love, if you haven’t discovered them already. I challenge any who accept this nomination to tell us what they look for in blogs—What makes you decide to hit that ‘Follow’ button?