Thanksgiving Day here in the States is a wonderful day to weave gratitude into reflections. I thank Vibrant at https://blabberwockying.wordpress.com/2015/11/26/in-praise-of-gratitude/ for challenging me to not just BE thankful, but to express those thanks on WordPress! Vibrant writes and lives thoughtfully and compassionately, and I am honored that he shared this wonderful opportunity:
The Challenge Rules:
- Share this image in your blog post
- Write about five people in your life you are thankful for
- Write about five things in 2015 that you are thankful for
- Spread the love and challenge five other blogs to take part
Five (groups of) people I am thankful to have/have had in my life…
- Today is Mark’s parents’ 62nd wedding anniversary—but they are apart. Angelo, Mark’s dad, passed away early this year, and Pat is roasting up her turkey without his help and advice for the first time in a very long partnership! It’s been an adventure to be part of Mark’s family on our journey together…
- Of course, Mark and Matt and Jim, who have shaped and enriched my life in so many ways…
- Julie, Alyssa, and Kaelyn, who bring fun and flash, femininity, beauty and caring, into the sometimes masculine mix of family…
- That wonderfully wacky, talented, and diverse bunch of people I am related to through blood and laughter…
- …and the people I am honored to call my friends. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
In 2015, I am grateful for…
- The opportunity to write and share on WordPress
- Wonderful colleagues
- Creative projects
…and I realize how simply lucky I am. Many people are not safe today, are bereaved, and/or don’t have the things–material or otherwise–that make life snug and comfortable and a place from which to launch. If only–
I am so grateful for people who choose to follow my blog! I don’t always visit back right away, but I always get there.
Here are five new people I am looking forward to meeting. Maybe you would like to explore their blogs, too!
With a thankful heart, I wish you happy blogging, my friends!