Bharath Uphendra at Bharath’s Banter always has something thought-inspiring, funnybone-tickling, or downright charming to say. So I was thoroughly surprised and honored that he nominated me for a Mystery Blogger Award. I hope you’ll visit Bharath’s blog at https://ridiculousbharath.wordpress.com; you’ll find it very worth the visit. Thanks, Bharath, for nominating my blog for this award!
First, I must tell you three things about myself:
- I have met amazing people in the blogosphere!
- I have found some great recipes in the process of blogging.
- Blogging has helped me create a writing discipline within a community of writers.
One of the many wonderful things about receiving an award like this is that different people visit your blog. I’d like to nominate some intriguing new bloggers I’ve encountered and follow; I think you will enjoy their rich and varied blogs, too. They are…
Words of a Little Heart:
The Heartbreaker Files:
Pen and Ink Sketches:
Stories of Sandeept:
From thoughtful words to thoughtful recipes to wonderful sketches, these bloggers have much to offer. And if they choose to be a Mystery Blogger, the rules of engagement are at the end of this blog!
Here are the questions Bharath posed to me, with my answers::
- What genre of music do you prefer? It’s a tough question. I guess I have to say classic rock.
- Your favourite song lyrics? I do love Sting’s Fields of Gold.
- How stupid can you be? I, personally, can do thoroughly stupid things, especially when I’m not being aware—like starting to put my jacket in the fridge and the milk in the hall closet…
- What’s your philosophy of life? I believe that everyone has strengths, and that focusing on them is a whole lot more productive than trying to fix the weaknesses.
- What’s your opinion on religion? Faith is a beautiful thing; so is spirituality. Organized religion can offer great support and community; it can also eb a divisive factor.
Here are five questions for my nominees:
- Who inspires you?
- What book should everyone read, and why?
- What food should be banned from all restaurants?
- When and why did you start blogging?
- We all agree that things are not as important as people, of course, but sometimes things have great associations. What one thing would you really miss if you lost it? Why?
And here are the rules to follow if you choose to accept this nomination:
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate 5-7 bloggers you feel deserve the award.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Ask your nominees questions of your choice with one weird or funny one.