Thank you to Phil at Our Daily Scraps— https://ourdailyscraps.wordpress.com/2018/05/04/the-liebster-award/— for nominating Catching My Drift for the Liebster Award! Our Daily Scraps is an inspirational cooking blog; since I’m experimenting with a gluten-free lifestyle, I was really intrigued by the alternative Phil proposes to pizza dough. Check out Our Daily Scraps for unique and wonderful cooking ideas.
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers. (You can read about it here.) The rules for the 2018 award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you
• Display the award on your post
• Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging
• Provide 10 random facts about yourself
• Answer the questions given to you
• Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
• Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
• List the rules and inform your nominees of the award
The Liebster is a great way to meet other bloggers, and to grow as a blog, so I am very happy to nominate some exciting new blogs I’ve recently discovered. They are:
Greyzziel Stories at
Forwards Only at
What Are You Reading at
Soul of a Gypsy at
and Bilocalia at
These blogs range from thoughtful words to thoughtful reviews to thoughtful recipes. I hope you visit!
(Nominees, questions are at the end of this post… )
Why I’m passionate about blogging—
I started a blog as a means of discipline; I committed to posting every Saturday. I do believe the discipline has helped me improve my writing. The wonderfully unexpected thing about blogging for me, though, is the sense of community and support I find online.
To answer Phil’s questions…
- Were you afraid to start blogging? Why or why not? (Is this looking like a high school test already?) I was intimidated by unfamiliar technology and afraid I’d run out of things to say. I have stretched technology-wise, and so far, there’s still plenty to talk about!
- If you could pick a book to live in for a week, what book would it be? I always thought the Murray household in Madeleine L’Engle’s Wrinkle in Time was warm and wonderful. I’d love to visit that family.
- What do you think is your biggest character flaw? I dither.
- What traits do you look for in a best friend? Integrity and humor.
If you had no internet for a week, what would you do? Read hardcover books; write with a gel pen on loose-leaf paper; cook up a storm; take long walks.
- What is one thing you can’t believe you have actually done/completed? When my husband and I were in our late forties, we had our change of life adventure: Mark fulfilled his lifelong dream and went to law school. We grabbed hands and took a huge leap of faith—and never, ever regretted it.
- What sort of things instill fear in you? Judgers.
- What is one thing about you that most people wouldn’t guess? I am sadly not too mysterious, but people might be surprised to know that I was one of the first girls on my high school varsity tennis team.
- Do you type faster than you write or write faster than you type? I type faster, but still hunt and peck.
- If you were an inanimate object, what would it be and why? An open book—seriously not mysterious!
…love to cook
…get lost in a book
…am fond of English toffee
…recently switched to decaf coffee
…worry about my aging dog
…keep a daily handwritten log
…enjoy exploring out-of-the-way places
…love seeing smiles light up glum faces
…recently retired; I love this time
…and I have a bad habit of writing in rhyme.
Nominees, here are ten questions for you:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Which blog post is your absolute best? Please explain!
- Who inspires you?
- What three things would you put in a time capsule to show people 1,000 years from now what life was like in 2018?
- If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
- What’s one thing you’re looking forward to completing?
- Do you have a pet?
- Where is your best writing spot?
- What’s your greatest success to date?
- What advice would you give a brand-new blogger?