Thank you, Sneha, at Life as a Potpourri, for the honor of being invited into the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Community! Please check out Sneha’s lovely blog; you’ll enjoy your visit!
Rules for the award:
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you.
- Pass the award on to ‘N’ (as many as you want) other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog.
Here are some wonderful blogs to check out!
Free Spirit at http://wannatalkavenscent.wordpress.com/
And, oh—there are so many more! A lot are listed on my blog; I hope you’ll visit them when time allows.
Here are my answers to Sneha’s thoughtful questions. (If the bloggers I mention would like to take part in this sisterhood, here’s my challenge for them: List ten blogs you recommend—and explain why…)
- How has blogging changed your daily life?
I am much more organized and focused since I’ve begun blogging!
- Define your self in five words.
Bookish, coffee-drinking, nurturing, wordy woman!
- What do you think liberates the woman today?
Freedom from unrealistic expectations. Thank goodness!
- What do you think the biggest global feminist issue is?
Sadly, there are too many to choose one—but they all boil down to the limitations on a woman’s freedom to fully be herself.
- Who is your favorite female author and why?
Laura Z. Hobson was a ground-breaking author who wrote about heart-wrenching issues—persecution, cultural identity, single parenting, anti-Semitism, parenting a closeted gay child—long before it became trendy to do so. She is not well known, but I think her book First Papers may be the best book I’ve ever read. And I think she knocked down some barriers and let others crawl through!
- Do you think “Feminism” is overrated?
I’m not always sure what people mean when they say ‘feminism.’ I’ve had a lot of students say, “I’m not a feminist, but…” If feminism is the belief that women should have full civil rights, then it is absolutely is NOT over-rated!
- One thing that you think you would want to change about yourself
I strive to be less concerned with my own comfort and more helpful to those in need.
- If you were hosting a Girls Night Out what would be your anthem song
Hmmmm…great question! “I Will Survive’, maybe…
- If you had to choose a Board of Directors representing your All Women Company who all would you appoint and why?
Oh, that’s a tough one. I would have to research and find out who the savvy business women (and sympathetic men) were.
- One advice or piece of learning you would want to tell your daughter and one to your son in future.